Wild chickens (I think) I saw while on vacation in Hawaii in Feb

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AznChick21, Mar 25, 2011.

1. AznChick21

AznChick21 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    I THINK this is a rooster around the gardens at Iao Valley. But my mom and I had a hard time distinguishing if it were real or not. It wasn't moving at all and we couldn't see the head. Maybe it was sleeping
    [​IMG]

After hearing a rooster crowing, my parents and I went on a chicken hunt with our cameras haha. Unfortunately my camera battery had died and my phone can't zoom enough to take good pics. I did see some hens among the foliage but my dad did capture these great shots of a the rooster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not the best pic but to me it was cutest thing ever! Taken at the rental car area of the airport when we were about to leave paradise
    [​IMG]

whoops in my post in the intros section, I mentioned about the chicken family with 2 babies. It was actually 4! haha

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Pretty Wheaten games... were you on Kuai?

3. AznChick21

AznChick21 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    Maui

4. thumbless

thumbless Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    There are a lot of wild chickens over there.

5. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Thats so cool you got to see a wild rooster with his hens, he is so pretty! [​IMG]

6. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I saw a bunch running around Grand Cayman when I was there too. I had heard they were also on Kauai.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by