Wild Duckling Growing Fast

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tia, Jul 20, 2010.

1. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Seems like the wild duckling I have has almost doubled in size. He/she seems real healthy, but sometimes steps on her/his own feet I wonder if there is something wrong with its leg or foot. It moves pretty fast - I will try to get a good video tomorrow. They do not go out, but appear to maybe go in... pigeon toed or something.

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Just saw the footage of your little one having a swim. It has doubled in size!!! AS for his feet- I couldnt see them in the water- but it may correct itself in time as he grows.

3. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    It may be just my imagination, but seems like he is stepping on his own little webbed feet when I watch... even so he is very fast.

4. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    My runners stepped on their own feet all the time as babies. It might just be it's stance. Some of my ducks still do it as adults (Like Vinny, who steps on his own foot then tries to walks with the underfoot first, doofus).

Any clue yet as to the breed?

5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

My Saxonies stepped on their own feet all the time. It all stopped once they were 8 weeks old and their feet have grown further apart. It's just a growing phase and I would not worry about it.

6. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Thanks.... I will try not to worry so much about the little fellow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by