1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wild Egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by okay chicken rookie, May 18, 2011.

1. okay chicken rookie

okay chicken rookie In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    [​IMG] I was really disappointed yesterday, I found a Canadian Goose egg about 1 month ago and decided to put it in the incubator and see if it would hatch. Well, i guess it was one of the first if not the first egg she laid this year, because it was not in a nest. I found it laying by the shore line at a City lake, and I thought if would be cool to hatch and raise it until it was just old enough to hold its own. Well, I took it out yesterday and it was not fertile, because i cracked it open and it looked like it would have the day I put it in the incubator. So sad!

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Crowing

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Awwww- better luck next time [​IMG] you should just head to TSC and buy yourself 2 goslings. 1 to fill the void and another to keep it company [​IMG]

3. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Songster

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    next time candle it so you won't wait around for a month to see if it hatches.

sorry it didn't hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by