Wild Goose Chase?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ClareScifi, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    I am participating in one of those dish towel exchanges where you are supposed to mail a dish towel to one person and theoretically, get 36 dish towels in return.

The person I am to send to has requested a geese theme to her dish towel. Has anyone seen any dish towels with geese or a goose on them for sale anywhere? I've called the Dollar Tree. No luck. Honk's has a geese theme oven mitt and hot pad holder, but no dish towels. Do you think an oven mitt would be acceptable as a substitution?

Also, I'm going to request a rooster theme to my dish towels. Has anyone seen any pretty rooster dish towels for sale anywhere? Thanks for your help.

Has anyone ever participated in one of these exchanges and actually received several dish towels?

2. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    YES I saw rooster dish towel, hand towel and oven mitt at OUR dollar tree. Haven't seen geese in years. I looked on Ebay and they have a few for 3.83 w. FREE shipping. So I don't know what your price range is, but that may work.

3. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Hey, thanks for the good info! I'm a cheapskate, though, and would like to get buy on a dollar or under. I suppose I could buy a goose applique and sew it on a plain towel? Nah, too much work...

Maybe I can just put in a note saying I'm a wild maverick and don't follow directions well. Hence, she gets an oven mitt instead? There is a Honk's in her town, though, so she might already have one. Oh, well. Hers will wear out and she might need a new one before long? The potholder would be cheaper to mail than the oven mitt, probably more comparable to the mailing cost for a dish towel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by