wild guinea

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by tarheelmama7914, Aug 28, 2010.

1. tarheelmama7914

tarheelmama7914 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Claremont, NC
    can you domesticate the wild ones? we have like 600 running around here honking all morning and evening. We found a random egg in the yard one day a couple months ago and werent sure if it was from them or the neighbor's chickens. It was white. Our hens are brown egg layers. It's been 98 to 100 degrees out, so we left it alone outside not sure if it was already bad. I had candled it but it looked empty even around two weeks ago. The egg either hatched or got broken last week. My stepdaughter found it open and nothing in it but mabey was looked like feathers she said.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    Quote:600 hundred guineas is that correct. wow. you can try throwing them scratch or white millet seed they go crazy for millet seed. in the late evening near the coop, and in the coop and try to coast them to go inside with treats in the late evening. i cant imagine the noise 600 guineas could make. my 24 are loud enough. l.o.l. but i love them all the same. they are so funny to watch. if you do catch them leave them penned up for a while and vist them often. they will calm down and come back to the coop to roost. it will take some time though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by