1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wild Indian Peas

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by SuperPeacockman, May 18, 2011.

1. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I have decided to do a little research and it is illegal to own(not so sure about this) , or export peafowl in India [​IMG] . However they also live in Bangladesh and some parts of Pakistan s importation could be possible someday.

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. SuperPeacockman

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:If you have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ anything is possible

Steve

The cash is the problem and the fact that I am still in high school

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  5. SuperPeacockman

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I wonder how much it would cost to import one from Pakistan. I do not think the bird would cost that much there but you have to fly them here and they have to stay in quarantine. I remember reading a price tag for chicken importation once if forget how much per chicken it cost them.

6. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Well they would be WILD!!! My peacocks are very tame and they pace back and fourth up against the fence. It drives me crazy because they have such of nice green pen. Once I caught a few of the wild ones here, and they were crazy.

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    You know what is really to bad....If you live in India you can't own peafowl. I talked to a person who lives in India on a website (they thought I also lived in India) and they were asking how I could have peafowl since it was illegal to own them there. I told them I am in the US.

I too would love to import Indian peafowl, just don't forget who you got the idea from lol cause if you can ever get imported Blues I would love to know how to..
    It probably would be hard but well worth it.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  8. SuperPeacockman

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Yeah that is why I was saying from Pakistan. It is for the birds own good, they are actually endangered their because people kill the males for their feathers so they are a protected species. In India protected species are illegal to own. [​IMG]

9. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    my friend osama was going to be shipping me some from pakistan but he is not returning my emails i hope nothing happened. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by