wild mushrooms growing...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by andrealeec, Jun 6, 2011.

  1. andrealeec

    andrealeec Out Of The Brooder

    Apr 10, 2011
    So I came home to look at the work my dh did on the coop (it's finally DONE!!) and noticed a lot of mushrooms growing on the ground in the run. I have never noticed these there before...so I was trying to dig them all up, but I would assume they would hurt my 6 week old chicks if they ate them right? The chicks are still inside the house due to the fluctuating temperatures here in CT...
  2. mljohnson05

    mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 16, 2011
    I think it is best to remove them. Some are poisonous and some are ok, but unless you can tell the difference, then just remove them to be safe.
  3. SIMPleChick

    SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 10, 2011
    I had some in my yard and I said something to my son about the chickens eating them, he looked it up really quick and said they are not good and could be poisonous...so we smooshed them or pulled them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by