Wild Turkey Victim!

Fresh Eggs

Songster
11 Years
Jan 1, 2009
Hello all,

About three days ago I saw a HUGE tom Wild Turkey that had been dead for about 5ish hours on our other acre. We live on a creek that runs up and down our valley. I grabbed a big stick and flipped it over... its whole breast, [ feathers and all], was gone. What puzzled me was how everything else like its organs were still there on the body. Its neck was CLEANLY PLUCKED of all feathers. They were knowere to be seen.The next day, the turkey was gone, and feathers were everywhere. I am wondering if a HUMAN KILLED THE TURKEY FOR ITS BREAST MEAT AND LEFT IT THERE! What do you think???????? I would like to know because I dont want mi chickens being eaten by a unkown killer.

Thx,

Fresh Eggs

Last edited:
Fox. They will eat it like that, then come back the next day for the rest.
Trust me, I know. I lost 12 turkeys to a fox this year.

Last edited:
I would bet Human, I asked a guy at work about plucking one of the heritage breed turkeys, and his comment was hunters dont usually pluck they just take the breast and leave the rest.
barnie.gif
I am not against hunting, but this seem like shooting a large Buck and just taking the antlers
barnie.gif

I have seen Racoon prints, and I have had quite a few experiences with Coyotes on our property. I just think that is sooo odd. Why remove the feathers in such a neat fashion??? There was not a Tear in the skin, just plucked.

The only thing is.... THERE WERE NO FEATHERS TO BE SEEN ANYWERE?!?![ That was not meant to be mean;)]. I looked high and low, nothing. I was watching a Coopers hawk eat a quail, there were feathers all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom