Wild Turkeys

Yamagirl

Hatching
Mar 11, 2021
Hey guys I am new to the boards. We just moved into our new house at the end of September. We have wild turkeys everywhere. I am in a very populated area with a lot of houses and traffic. I have wild turkeys that have taken over my yard big time. Anywhere between 8-20 of them. Well this morning i think 3 of the females had laid some eggs in my backyard. What can I do. I have a 14 year old dog that is my biggest concern ever. Can anyone help or give me advice please. I did read on here about maybe calling the game warden or DNR. If I do that i am not even sure what to tell them. I am going to try to post a picture of them. Please help. I have a video of where i think they are laying their eggs I just can't upload it.

Attachments

• IMG_3605.jpeg
    IMG_3605.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
Hey so this is right as we step out of our backdoor. I know she wont mess with them but they are in the area of the yard that she goes potty in. I am more worried about them messing with her. When i get home from work i am going to go look at it. My husband sent this picture to me this morning while I was on my way to work. ( This pretty much just started this morning with them in that garden bed)

The male turkeys may get a little aggressive during mating season, but generally my experience with wild turkeys have been pleasant. They stroll by and turn their heads to acknowledge you but they just keep on going. They have never shown any interest in my chickens or my garden all of which are fenced. Perhaps installing a fence to contain your dog would give you some peace of mind. As for the eggs, you could eat them or incubate them. Just a thought.

The male turkeys may get a little aggressive during mating season, but generally my experience with wild turkeys have been pleasant. They stroll by and turn their heads to acknowledge you but they just keep on going. They have never shown any interest in my chickens or my garden all of which are fenced. Perhaps installing a fence to contain your dog would give you some peace of mind. As for the eggs, you could eat them or incubate them. Just a thought.
Most states it's a crime to mess with wild turkey eggs

calling the game warden or DNR. If I do that i am not even sure what to tell them.
My turkeys will lay somewhere else if I take all the eggs.
Tell them turkeys are laying eggs in your garden and your trying to plant. Ask what you can do about it legally....or go out when its dark and no one's around and remove. Bury them deep

Back
Top Bottom