Wild Visitor!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Stacykins, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    So while I was cleaning the house today, I happened to look outside and saw a male ringneck pheasant! I definitely ran for the camera, but since I didn't want to spook him I didn't open the sliding glass door to get a better shot. I zoomed in as best I could for some blurry shots. When he went around on the other side of the house, I got a slightly better shot, but it was through a screen. He then disappeared into the brush! This isn't the first time I've seen ringnecks in the area, but the first time I had a camera available!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shows u mah butt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a beauty!

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Beautiful bird and one that I don't see in the wild very often. It's amazing how much things have changed where I live and hunt. Thirty odd years ago I would see lots of pheasants in and around my house and turkeys were something I only saw in a few places up north. A rarely see a pheasant and I have turkeys in my yard daily.

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    You're right, there aren't many pheasants in your part of Michigan Opa, but I'd never thought of it. I went to high school in Pinckney, and only saw a pheasant once at the Pinckney Rec area. But wild turkeys were definitely a common sight! I always thought they were better at hiding than turkeys, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by