Wild Weekend at Speckledhen's Chicken Asylum! PICS!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Jun 26, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Cetawin and joletabey were here today, together! Ladyhawk is staying with me over the weekend and I secretly invited Beth to join us for supper tonight. We had a great time! The chickens probably gained weight from all the super goodies she brought for them--homemade seedcakes, biscuits, blueberry and honey bran muffins. We've had a blast! Beth brought us goodie baskets and we had a great supper. Suede received a manicure and ate an entire blueberry muffin for himself. Ivy, who is living in Zane's playpen in the livingroom decided grapes were something to live for!

Pics from today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Great pics! I bet you guys had a blast. Always great to meet our byc friend. [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Awesome! How is Zane?

4. speckledhen

Forgot one! Oh, Zahboo, Zane is great! Thanks for asking. He's in the second pic eating his muffin.

[​IMG]

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Sounds like a great time was had by all! [​IMG] What happy and spoiled birds, getting all those treats! BYC people are so nice and fun to meet. A local BYC member is coming to visit me and my flock tomorrow, actually! It ought to be fun showing off the flock. [​IMG]

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I only have the pleasure of meeting 3-4 BYC members. I have a lot on FB, but not too many are in my area and the meets always fall on odd weekends for me [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

OH, what great fun!!!! I would have loved to have been there. I am so glad you all got to spend time together. [​IMG]

Sounds like the chickens had a great time, too! Cyn, be sure to lock them up tight ..... or they may disappear. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Kathy, we were saying that you should have been here today with us! Hbuehler (Holly) came and took Levi to live with her so I met her as well, briefly.

9. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    It was a wonderful day!! Cetawin and Cynthia are so nice, so funny and such knowledgeable people- and Tom is a great cook! I had the best time watching Cetawin stuff muffins down Suede and Dutch, and Nuggets little adoptees are adorable. BTW, someone had better come get Roosevelt- that is going to be one incredible rooster! We fed the beautiful Miss Ivy grapes, and I got to see the elegant Miss Tiny in person, and that little stinker Shadow- who has her very own roost that no one else can use.
    Zane looked great, and of COURSE- Suede is perfect. And so is Isaac- I fell in love with them all over again! All of Cynthia's chickens are so happy and friendly,
    Kathy- yes, you were mentioned! And when I left, all chickens were accounted for and locked up. If Cetawin has a plan, it's for tomorrow. [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Kathy I have already talked with Suede and told him the plan, explained the AC and seat belt safety for the trip to Kentucky...oh and of course told him we were going to visit Wegotchickens in TN no the way home a well. My thoughts...

Cyn and her husband are as awesome as I knew they would be. We had a great time talking about everything from martial arts to satellite dish connecting and tuning. We enjoyed the movie Avatar and CHEESECAKE...on my gosh they tried to fatten me this weekend. Venison meatloaf, chicken parmesan, cheesecake you name it. The tolerated me spoiled the animals absolutely rotten. Even Ivy looks at me with this "Hey grape lady where are the grapes?" look.

Ivy - absolutely awe inspiring to me. So sick yet so determined...she woofed down grapes faster than I could bite them into pieces for her and she put up with me constantly petting her and talking to her...checking on her during the night and generally being a nuisance.

Isaac - What a sweet mama's boy. I am so very happy that everything has worked out for him to stay happily here with Cyn because that boy loves his mama. His girls are all beautiful and nice girls.

Zane - Oh my that boy is handsome and sweet. He was nervous at first with me but when he realized I was not a threat and came bearing blueberry goodies...he was talking to me. I carried Gypsy over to him for visit and he was such the flirt...he tried dancing for her and was just adorable.

Suede - well no words he is PERFECT of course. [​IMG]

I must do this again...without the DH and daughter....hahahaha had too much fun this trip to bring them just yet. [​IMG]

DOWNSIDE: we visited a local feed store and it is very lucky I am not in jail seeking bail money. We were both disgusted and just left...the cleanliness was horrid and the poor babies were crammed together terribly. We basically bathed in Purex before we would even drive home. I wanted to open all the cages and let the birds and the ducks out but Cyn would not let me. She did not want to be my accomplice. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by