~The Wilderness Heights~ A Wild Animal RP

Pics

Bakbuk

Howdy!
Oct 20, 2021
It varies from moment to moment
Hi y’all! I thought it would be cool to create a wild animal RP. I’ll explain more about it below but first-
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

Wilderness Heights is a (fictional) ring of mountains in north Colorado surrounding a valley with a lake. The wildlife that inhabits the area has learned to adapt to their environment to survive and thrive in the heigh rockies. This region is home to many fascinating and extraordinary species of wildlife.

Animals:
You can be any animal species you want in this RP, as long as your selection is reasonable considering location and habitat.
Not recommended:
  • Migratory birds (you can ask me whether your character falls into this category or not if it happens to be a bird)
  • Fish
  • Insects
I’ll try to be species specific with my character(s) (example: Colorado Chipmunk or Hopi Chipmunk instead of just “chipmunk”) and I understand not all of you are familiar with the exact species names even if you know what kind of critter you want to be. I can help with that if needed.
I’d like to ask that you limit the number of characters you create to two or three to avoid confusion resulting from trying to play too many characters at once.
EXCEPTION: If you have a seasonal animal like a mammal that hibernates or a bird that only spends the winter in that area, you can play them at the times of year when they appear and confusion will be avoided as they won’t be playing at the same time. Example: You could play an American Pika in the summer and a Varied Thrush in the winter.

Example form:

Species: Pine Marten
Name: Kiko
Personality: Quiet, cunning, very intelligent, fast, excellent climber and swimmer, hard to find most of the time but friendly and personable none the less.
Physical description (if notable): smooth, glossy fur. A very healthy individual.
Other: Shares a tree hollow with his best friend, a Western Screech-Owl (Maybe somebody can make a form for him).

Have fun! If you have any questions, just ask.

Also- if you want to see who’s playing which characters and just make sure you have the species/characters/players all straight in your mind,
check out this RP’s Archives! I’ll link it below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-wilderness-heights-wild-animal-rp-archives.77338/

Last edited:
Hi y’all! I thought it would be cool to create a wild animal RP. I’ll explain more about it below but first-
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

Wilderness Heights is a (fictional) ring of mountains in north Colorado surrounding a valley with a lake. The wildlife that inhabits the area has learned to adapt to their environment to survive and thrive in the heigh rockies. This region is home to many fascinating and extraordinary species of wildlife.

Animals:
You can be any animal species you want in this RP, as long as your selection is reasonable considering location and habitat.
Not recommended:
  • Migratory birds (you can ask me whether your character falls into this category or not if it happens to be a bird)
  • Fish
  • Insects
I’ll try to be species specific with my character(s) (example: Colorado Chipmunk or Hopi Chipmunk instead of just “chipmunk”) and I understand not all of you are familiar with the exact species names even if you know what kind of critter you want to be. I can help with that if needed.
I’d like to ask that you keep the number of characters you create to two or three to avoid confusion resulting from trying to play too many characters at once.
EXCEPTION: If you have a seasonal animal like a mammal that hibernates or a bird that only spends the winter in that area, you can play them at the times of year when they appear and confusion will be avoided as they won’t be playing at the same time. Example: You could play an American Pika in the summer and a Varied Thrush in the winter.

Example form (I won’t actually be playing this character but someone else can if they want):

Species: Pine Marten
Name: Kiko
Personality: Quiet, cunning, very intelligent, fast, excellent climber and swimmer, hard to find most of the time but friendly and personable none the less.
Physical description (if notable): smooth, glossy fur. A very healthy individual.
Other: Shares a tree hollow with his best friend, a Western Screech-Owl (Maybe somebody can make a form for him).

Have fun! If you have any questions, just ask.

(I have a little suggestion. Could you add a 'mate' section in the form? A lot of us find it more fun when they have that choice.;)) (Btw I'll be making a form soon!)

Species: Brown bear
Name: Wren
Mate: Branch (in the near future)
Personality: to be played out
Physical description: cream/tan-ish colored fur, round ears, average sized.
Other: At about 2 years old, Wren and Branch were out playing in the forest one day (away from their families) when a handful of hunters came along. They escaped, barely, and are now living in the Wilderness Heights.

Species: Black bear
Name: Branch
Mate: Wren(in the future but they are super close friends now. They obviously like each other.)
Personality: Sweet, kind, loving, especially to Wren. He would do anything to protect Wren, even if there are hunters around. Aggressive to unfamiliar animals.
Physical description (if notable): Black, shiny fur when he's clean. Pretty strong and big. Has a short tail.
Other: At about 2 years old, Wren and Branch were out playing in the forest one day (away from their families) when a handful of hunters came along. They escaped, barely, and are now living in the Wilderness Heights.

Species: Brown bear
Name: Wren
Mate: Branch (in the near future)
Personality: to be played out
Physical description: cream/tan-ish colored fur, round ears, average sized.
Species: Black bear
Name: Branch
Mate: Wren(in the future but they are super close friends now. They obviously like each other.)
Personality: Sweet, kind, loving, especially to Wren. He would do anything to protect Wren, even if there are hunters around. Aggressive to unfamiliar animals.
Physical description (if notable): Black, shiny fur when he's clean. Pretty strong and big. Has a short tail.
Accepted!

Back
Top Bottom