Will a Sebastopol/Toulouse mix ever grow the fluffy feathers?

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
I am trying to buy a Sebastopol and found someone who has two mixes. The pictures show that they don’t have any fluff yet and are 2 months old. Will they ever grow it or will they always be just normal feathered like other geese,

I am trying to buy a Sebastopol and found someone who has two mixes. The pictures show that they don’t have any fluff yet and are 2 months old. Will they ever grow it or will they always be just normal feathered like other geese,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/my-sebastopol-geese.72242/
Here's an article with photos of sebastopol goslings as they grow.
It looks like they grew some fairly normal feathers first, then got curly as they got older.
But the ones in the article are showing curly feathers in the 2-month photo, so the mixed ones might be growing feathers slower or might never get the curly feathers.

(After looking up the genetics, I would expect a Sebastopol-cross to have curly feathers. But looking at the actual goslings will be much more accurate than predicting what they "should" be like!)

Curly feathers are incompletely dominant. The birds will have curly feathers but smooth breasts.

Back
Top Bottom