Will a teenage roo????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by caspernc, Jun 8, 2011.

1. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Squat? I picked up one of my chickens I thought was a roo just to look at him and when I set him/her down it squatted and stood up and ruffled its feathers and walked away? [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Huh. Most roosters, even young ones, do not squat. But what do I know? I just keep chickens and love their antics. There might be a cockerel out there with some gender confusion going on.....
    [​IMG]

3. caspernc

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Well if it can happen it will happen to me. Now does anyone know of a good shrink for a cjicken. Oh I know! I need to find a really sexxy hen to show him the way. [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I've had a cockerel shake off/fluff up after I put him down, but not squat. Are you SURE its a roo??? Maybe post a pic under the "What breed/gender" section if you're not certain...

5. caspernc

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I'm a picture poster idiot! Getting a newcmputer and I will try again. Yeah the squat was all the way on the ground with its wing spread out.Then up and fluff.

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Just click on the uploads tab along the blue bar toward the top. It's pretty self explanatory once you're there. After you've uploaded your pictures, you simply click on the "image" bar under your photo, copy, and paste onto your post...

7. caspernc

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Ithink my pictures are too big andI need enough program to make them smaller. By the way my chickens are 15 weeks and no one has crowed? Could I have all hens? They all look so different. I'm determined to post a picture soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by