1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will all silkie roos crow?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by drmeyes236, Dec 6, 2009.

1. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    I have 4 silkies and one showgirl, I know the one is a roo because he crows and has, since he was 10 weeks old. I have 2, 17 week old silkies that I don't know if they are male or female, if they are male wouldn't they be crowing by now? By the way it is freezing here and I got my first egg yesterday and another one today! I am not sure who is laying but I suspect my white silkie pullet mainly because I am not sure if the showgirl is male or female!

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I don't know silkies, but I do know chickens in general. If you have roos they will crow eventually.

...Unless you have the fabulously elusive crow-less rooster. In which case you have a true treasure and I'll take 2, please. [​IMG]

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    We have 2 Silkies..my daughter had to have some [​IMG] My little guy is no bigger than a peanut ok he's with other normal sized babies his age and he crows..he's about 10-12 weeks time flies so fast I can't keep up.It's so funny to hear him he's way too tiny to make such a noise.His comb is much more pronounced than the other one.

4. Carol.in.WV

Carol.in.WV Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    Pendleton County, WV
    I have 4 Silkie boys and they all crow............too much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by