Will any one have any game hen eggs in the spring

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrykeeper08, Jan 3, 2009.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I dont care what breed of game hens they are . I just like the look of them . I had a standard old english hen but i lost her and now i would like to get some eggs in the spring

let me know

2. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    We have some game chickens. We have Pumpkin & Roundhead roosters on pumpkin, kelso, roundhead, and hatch hens. They hatch in mostly BBR color, but do get a few varying shades of color. We also just have them for looks, my husband is an Old english fan, but it is easier for us to find the game lines around here than pure Old English varieties.
    They are just running loose around the farm , but I will pen them up in another month or so. The hens are great broodies and the roosters are just so magnificent looking.

Right now none are laying, but I can let you know in the spring, once I have checked fertility.

Christie [​IMG]

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Sounds great thanks

4. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

Quote:how do you like the hulsey' ,, or are they a different pumpkin?. im looking at getting a trio this spring, try mixing with my black grey

sorry for hijacking,,, i'll have games in a short time,, once they get over their molt [​IMG]

5. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    *jumping on the hijack...*
    the1much,

I want eggs from you this spring- if I cant get the psychedelic tie dyed bow tie show girls...then i will be looking for a few games. I just dont know what kind I want- I should start a new thread...

6. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hijacking with ya....
    I have a trio of OE Game and hopefully the 2 pullets should lay soon
    I maybe able to help ya'll out. Here's a pic of my pair a couple of months ago, they are filled out more now....
    [​IMG]

7. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    mdove,

are those standards? Where are you located? Alrighty, once spring hits here- make sure you post the eggs when you have them!

8. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Quote:Yes they are from what the man I bought them from told me. He had bought the parents as day old chicks at a hatchery, the pair you see in the pic was hatched out the 2nd week of June 08, so this pullet hhasn't laid yet so far and they have grown since this pic was taken.
    Since getting this pair I purchased another pullet to put with them to get my trio, the 2nd pullet is different in coloring she has browns, black & gray I think you'd say. Next time the sun shines and no rain I shall get a good pic of them ok? I just love this breed and I in noway have ever thought of mistreating them.

9. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Quote:I almost forgot....I am in Alabama!

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have some bbr and self blue old english game bantams. I can do an assortment of both. maybe 6+. I will be doing lots of hatching with their eggs, so I may only have a set or two to sell. Let me know. It would be around March.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by