Will Batam rooster be dominate?

Yes!! If the hens go broody, you will have baby chicks. Or you could put the eggs in a bator and have baby chicks. Biggew than the roo and smaller thean the hens.

Quote:
We're in Michigan, too and I've got 5 bantam cochin cockerels if you're interested: 2 buff, 1 black, 1 blue, 1 really ugly red frizzle. Free to a good home. Hatched March 8.

Last edited:
I had two roos and the larger roo was the alpha and the bantam roo was the helper! The bantam was dominate over the hens and would help keep track of the hens, round them up and keep watch. He also "helped with the mating" by getting between the bigger roo and the hens whenever they mated. He'd like jump in there and sit on the top of the hens back or neck. It's kind of wierd.

*Thanks for all the input. MrsChickenDad..... If I can't find what I'am looking for I'll let you know asap! I am converting an old outhouse into the new coop and it should be completed by next weekend. I'am in Imlay City.

My little frizzled guy is the Alpha roo. Keeps good track of his girls and bosses around our Brahama roo, its quite the sight to watch.

Back
Top Bottom