will buff orpington/golden comet mix work?

davecash

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
kaintucky
my buff orpington rooster is busy at my farm,.. hes mating with my rir, and my golden comets.. i have to ask, will the fertile eggs hatch into a comet/buff orp mix, or not, cause my comets are sex linked..

IS THERE ANY THING THAT YOU CANNOT BREED TOGETHER?

I'm just a new at chickens but I think it would be like other animals of the same species. No problem physicaly and you end up with 'muts' as babies
smile.png

The only issue I could see if if you have giant of a roo and a tiny hen.. .then he could hurt her just by his wieght alone... maybe *shrug*

Everything mixes up just fine.
smile.png
Here are my Buff Orp/Golden Comet chicks.

8-1-07033.jpg

I've crossed: My Buff Orp rooster with Barred Rock, Jersey Black Giant, RIR, and Golden Comet hens. I've also crossed my EE rooster with RIR, Golden Comet, Jersey Black Giant and SLW hens. I haven't had any hatchability problems 99% of the eggs I've set have hatched and all the offspring have been healthy, so cross away!

There is no particular advantage that I know of.

I chose to breed Ella the Golden Comet because she is 4 years old, is a good layer, has no health problems and a great temperament. I paired her with my Buff Orp Jack because he is heavier and handles the cold well and is a nice rooster to be around. I hope the chicks have the same characteristics.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom