1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will call ducks hatch?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mccluckers, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Hi there

I am supposed to be getting some call ducklings.

Long story short it was the ladies first time incubating ducks eggs and she thought call duck took 28-33 days. So they were put in the incubator sat 4th October and they went on lockdown yesterday or the day before

Do they have any chance of hatching? Please say yes because will not be able to get any till next spring if these do not hatch!! How will I survive that long! I am only 12!!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Anyone?

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    The only thing i can offer for help is mine took 28 days BUT mine were under a live call duck lol I don't incubate. Hopefully, someone who has can chime in. Good luck!

4. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Thanks have just got a text from the lady 1 has a tiny crack and the others are rocking like mad!

5. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Possibly but with any external pipping she will probably need to help them out since its her first time be sure to tell her only to help get the head out of the egg, something like that ,Amykins can really answer your question probably. Shes answered a whole bunch of mine.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    It all depends on how they were incubated. All that I've ever hatched in my incubator hatched on day 26. Some can go longer if the temps are a bit lower than 99-100 (slower to grow).
    If she has external pips and they are rocking that's a good sign. It means they are still alive and about ready to pop!
    She can always candle them too. You should be able to see the internal pips and tell which ones aren't alive (not moving)

7. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Hi guys I m so excited! One has hatched with
    Out help and the other two are hatching as we speak!! Eeeeeekkkkkkkk

8. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Aww yay post pics when you can !!!

9. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    Will do!!

10. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    I am worried the other two pipped yesterday and still haven't hachted but are alive will they be ok?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by