Will Corid work? Did I catch it in time? What next?

mkolasa

Chirping
Mar 27, 2021
Went out to the coop to check on my 5 week old girls....it was only their 3rd night in the coop so 'Mama Hen' is still nervous LOL. I noticed under the roost, on a wood board, a pile of what looked like snot and spit (white and clear slime) with 4 orangish red clots. I immediately thing thing Cocci and I have Corid on hand...not going to wait and see if this is regular lining shed or not...don't want to risk it.

If it is Cocci...have I caught it in time? I was planning on doing 5 day treatment...should I do longer? Do I need to supplement them with something....I thought I had read that the Corid depletes some vitamins or something??

I appreciate your help, thoughts and opinions.

Went out to the coop to check on my 5 week old girls....it was only their 3rd night in the coop so 'Mama Hen' is still nervous LOL. I noticed under the roost, on a wood board, a pile of what looked like snot and spit (white and clear slime) with 4 orangish red clots. I immediately thing thing Cocci and I have Corid on hand...not going to wait and see if this is regular lining shed or not...don't want to risk it.

If it is Cocci...have I caught it in time? I was planning on doing 5 day treatment...should I do longer? Do I need to supplement them with something....I thought I had read that the Corid depletes some vitamins or something??

I appreciate your help, thoughts and opinions.
I should mention too that they have been on medicated chick starter since hatch.

The medicated starter won't ward off a outbreak not enough medicine in the feed. I would start the corid water just incase. Its safe and really can't over medicate with it. If it is coccidia theyll start dropping fast from it better to have the corid on board. Also keep feeding the feed your using.

Back
Top Bottom