Will eggs be okay at 98 degrees for 4 days??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cluckcluck42, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Okay, so I have a 1266 GQF incubator and hatcher pair. The hatcher is stuck at 98. I ordered two wafers which aren't going to arrive by lockdown which is on Friday. We are farting with the safety temp but not sure we will get it at 100 and dont really want to risk it, we have about 80 eggs to hatch.

Well, here's the problem. I put in 20 pure Ameraucana eggs on Saturday. Now since I can't use the hatcher as the hatcher, I was thinking of putting the Ameraucana eggs in the hatcher at a temp of 98, and then keeping the eggs due this weekend in the bator for lockdown.

Would this harm the Ameraucana eggs or is this okay?? It will just delay them a bit right? I don't want to risk them but might just be out of options right now. [​IMG]

Oh and I candled a couple today and we have life in them there Ameraucana eggs! WOO HOO! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. pax12

pax12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    U need to find something to put them in and get the temps to 99 or the turn out will be bad.

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    They should be OK, they will probably hatch late though. My first hatch was probably a degree low for the whole hatch and I still got chicks out of it. It was not a great hatch but they didn't die.

4. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Figured it out and hatcher is at 100 now. Now my incubator is low. I just can't win. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by