Will feeding scrambled eggs lead to egg eating later on?

6of6chicks

Songster
5 Years
Jun 9, 2014
I'm just wondering if they will make that connection?

I've been feeding scrambled eggs & buttermilk to my girls for the past few days because I've had some sickness in the flock (coccidiosis, worms). They've been treated and are recovering - the eggs/buttermilk mash is just to help build them back up a little (in addition to regular feed, daily treat of sprouted scratch, & boosted water). I don't plan to keep up the scrambled eggs indefinitely - just until my flock has recovered fully and looks healthy again.

My girls are only 10 weeks old and a long way away from laying, and the eggs/buttermilk has been recommended for sick chicks. I just thought I'd ask because I'm new at this and wonder if I might be creating a headache for myself with egg-eating down the road.

No - you have totally changed the form of the egg by cooking it, so there is no connection to a raw egg in the shell and what is being served to them for consumption.

Scrambled are fine, if you want to one up and save cooking some time you can hard boil say 3 or 4 eggs and keep them in the refrigerator until needed, then just peal and mash the egg.

Also you could take and mash together 1 hard boiled egg, 1 inch piece of banana, with 3 or 4 pinches of cinnamon and the butter milk and offer that to them.

Back
Top Bottom