will garlic help crop fungal infection?

I would not give her garlic with sour crop, if that is what is wrong. Feels sort of like it's filled with gas? Withhold all feed, just give water with a tablespoon of organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar for a day or two, then start on some plain yogurt, some olive oil, then scrambled eggs, nothing that needs grinding. You can massage the crop but do not push upward! I lost a prize hen to bad sour crop one time, but another one who was suffering from it at the same time (they got into moldy feed in the compost), recovered using those instructions I wrote out.

She does not smell sour. She does have some pebbles and what not in her crop and I have been massaging.
Her crop feels almost like there is some spongy thick material inside which made me think of a fungal infection. It is not very gassy.
She has had a pendulous crop for a little while but it never seemed super huge or hard impacted. The past week she has been lethargic and I noticed weight loss.

She just molted so I was assuming her slower quiet behavior was from that, her first molt.

Yesterday I gave her a good dose of oil via crop tube which seemed to help pass some dirt and pebbles.
Today I gave her garlic with yogurt via syringe to the beak.

She is not eating or drinking much on her own. I am getting really worried.

Back
Top Bottom