will he fly away?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
a few months back one of my girls hatched out some eggs. sadly only one little goose made it but now he's grown up big and strong. although he's as big as his mom now, he still doesnt leave his mommys side. im just wondering now he has is big feathers and he learns to fly, will he fly away or likely to stay with the rest of the flock? the rest all had their wings clipped as day olds so dont fly, but i totally forgot about doing this little guys, and well its a bit late to do that now. if i can catch him would just clipping the flight feathers do the trick? how often would that need to be done?

Our geese don't fly much - they run and flap but can't get far off the ground. He might be fine if they are in fenced enclosure. I'm sure mine couldn't get over the fence. I'd think clipping a wing would work fine too -- they just look so much better with their wings
smile.png

Once they bond with you and are familiar in an area, do domestic geese really have any reason to try to leave? I guess maybe during mating season if they're not partnered they might be attracted to wild geese?

knowing what type of geese they are could help us more or less tell u if it will fly away. for example domestic geese like white embeden,white chinese,brown chinese ,toulese,sabtoule,super african are prime examples of domestic geese, if u have a canadian goose most likely it will fly away.

Quote:
Clipping the flight feathers will do the trick. Just clip the feathers on one wing. It only needs to be done once a year after molting, when the new feathers have grown out.

Back
Top Bottom