Will her wings grow back?

Eden83_haaretz

Songster
Jan 5, 2021
Mexico, Puebla
Hello everyone, sometime ago we received a chicken that had been badly bullied, she was missing feathers everywhere and her wings seemed almost eaten off. Basically all of her body feathers have grown back, but I don't see much of an improvement in her wing feathers.
I feel both happy for her and bad, because she's recuperate, but everything she tries to jump somewhere, obviously her wings don't help and she falls down.
Will her feathers grow back or will she stay like this for the rest of her life? :(
Thanks for the response, have a good one.

Hello everyone, sometime ago we received a chicken that had been badly bullied, she was missing feathers everywhere and her wings seemed almost eaten off. Basically all of her body feathers have grown back, but I don't see much of an improvement in her wing feathers.
I feel both happy for her and bad, because she's recuperate, but everything she tries to jump somewhere, obviously her wings don't help and she falls down.
Will her feathers grow back or will she stay like this for the rest of her life? :(
Could you post some pictures of her 'before' and 'now'?

How long has it been that her feathers came back? Usually when moulting the wing and tail feathers are the last to regrow, so there might be still a chance of them coming in.

In case her feather follicles have been eaten off/severely injured, the wing feathers might not grow back.

Could you post some pictures of her 'before' and 'now'?

How long has it been that her feathers came back? Usually when moulting the wing and tail feathers are the last to regrow, so there might be still a chance of them coming in.

In case her feather follicles have been eaten off/severely injured, the wing feathers might not grow back.
Didn't take any before pictures, but if you see this picture, imagine her back was basically bare, and so was her neck. I'd say she's been with us over a month and a half or two months.
Sorry it's not a better picture but my phone doesn't have a good camera.

Attachments

• _20210322_171558.JPG
    _20210322_171558.JPG
    534.7 KB · Views: 39
wing feathers take more time to grow than normal ones, but will still grow back, dont worry.

Thanks for the advice, how long do they usually take to grow back? It's been two months and they haven't grown back, I feel even sadder for her because it would seem that the top part isn't even growing a bit...
They will come back the next time she molts. But until then, they will stay like that. Normal feathers grow on their own, but wing feathers don’t grow back in til a molt. If you want, you could put her on the roost at night to sleep.

Yes they do grow back slowly. I have a hen with clipped wings and they are 60% recovered. It's going to take time and patience.

Yes they do grow back slowly. I have a hen with clipped wings and they are 60% recovered. It's going to take time and patience.
They did fully grow back :D I'm so happy she has her wings back her tail feathers etc. She's just as beautiful now as the name we gave her "Bella". Thanks for the consult guys, gave me peace when I was worried for her.

Back
Top Bottom