will i cause issues with a second set up of chinese painted quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by marilyn1, Jan 6, 2013.

1. marilyn1

marilyn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    I have 2 chinese quail in a 40 breeder tank. They are doing fine not sure if second one is male or female yet. They are sleeping side by side and sand bathing side by side all is good. Sex isn't as important as them getting along to me.
    If I do a separate setup the same in the same room Will it affect the 2 in the other cage regardless of sex in new cage or present cage. I'd like to get 2 more in a separate cage just don't want to cause problems with the first setup. They are getting along so well. Would the calls cause any problem in the separate cages?

2. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    breeders keep them right next to each other in wire cages so I do not see a problem. I only have one pair so I really do not have first hand info for you. maybe a breeder will chime in here to answer your question.

3. marilyn1

marilyn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    Talked to the lady I got them from. Do believe my first 2 are male (Penquin & Chickadee) do to the red butt as someone on here mentioned. And after talking to the lady I got them from a preening thing the one was doing by laying head to side is a male trait also and the other one does crow. I thought I herd the other crow but not sure. It also dropped it's wings to ground and strutted around. They both get along so well and are so pretty that'[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

s fine with me if they are boys they seem to really be bonding.
    I picked out 2 more that we think might be a pair. Male silver tuxedo the other maybe female. Both beautiful. If not pair that's fine as long as they get along. Although I hope a pair. They are Twitch & Loralie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by