***************will I get a baby bantam from my old rooster?*********

GIL323

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 2, 2010
hi, i had a Bantam rooster with 2 chickens and I live in the city and unfortunately my beautiful rooster went to the street and got run over. The next day I got home from work and one of the chicks laid an egg so I'm thinking maybe theres a chance that i will get a baby chick from my old rooster with that egg since he was the one with the chicken before. The following day i went and bought another rooster so the chickens wouldn't stay alone. Then everyday after that the chicken laid an egg. after it laid 11 total including the one that it laid the day after my first rooster got killed, it's been laying on the eggs so hopefully its having baby chicks soon.....so are the next 10 eggs it laid from my new rooster and maybe the first egg's father will be the old rooster right?....please excuse me....i'm new to all this....lol

Last edited:
From what I remember the sperm from a roo can stay with the hen for up to two weeks. There's a good chance more than just that one egg will be from your previous roo.

smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
:)wow.....nice to know.....im excited...hopefully i'll get a lil red roo.....i really really liked my old roo..the new roo is the one on my avatar.......thanks a lot for your reply.....
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom