will i love the new ones as much?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by michelleh2294, Apr 12, 2017.

1. michelleh2294

michelleh2294 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2017
    i had 3 beautiful, sweet hens for three yrs , then now in the past 2 weeks something got in the coop, we think a fox and killed 2 of them , dahlia my barred rock was my favorite....i was left with my ri red ruby and wanted to get her some company, we got 3 new 9 wk old hens...another barred rock, americauna and a black sex link.......will i love these new hens as much as i did my original babies? i am so devastated by losing them.....for those of you that have had many flocks, what do you think?

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Yes, yes don't worry you will love them the same if not more! My first flock of 8 was killed off to 2. The other chicks i got for them i love the same.

3. bjo_6

bjo_6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Of course you'll love them!! You may keep a certain fondness for your favorite that was lost but these new ones will all have their own personality and new things to love! Although my beloved hen turkey has a special place in my heart... I've loved all my birds since!

4. michelleh2294

Apr 9, 2017
    what got your chickens? and did the hens all end up becoming close to eachother?

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Michelle, and welcome to BYC! Sorry for your loss but happy you are getting some new ones. Best wishes this time around and thanks for joining BYC!

6. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sorry for your losses. Chicks are so lovable, I don't think you'll have any trouble bonding with the new ones.

Thanks for joining us!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry for your loss[​IMG]. The heart always has the capacity to love again [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. michelleh2294

Apr 9, 2017
    thanks for that, i know only time will help heal the hurt, but i look out in my yard and miss seeing the 3 girls all together just enjoying themselves.....it will be sometime before all the new ones and ruby are all out in the yard together

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by