Will injured quails make eggs?

beakmaster

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 3, 2013
Panama City, Florida
I have 13 quail and 2 of them are injured with what would appear to be broken legs. One of them has a knee almost as big as a pingpong ball but its been like that more than 2 months. The birds get around good and I would like to keep them but its not worth my time if they won't make eggs. What are the chances they will lay if you had to put a number on it? I can seem to find any info on this from the google gods although I did read they won't lay if they are nursing a FRESH injury.
jumpy.gif

I have 13 quail and 2 of them are injured with what would appear to be broken legs. One of them has a knee almost as big as a pingpong ball but its been like that more than 2 months. The birds get around good and I would like to keep them but its not worth my time if they won't make eggs. What are the chances they will lay if you had to put a number on it? I can seem to find any info on this from the google gods although I did read they won't lay if they are nursing a FRESH injury.
jumpy.gif
Yep, i have one that has a lump above her knee, i have also have a runt, they both lay fine

Back
Top Bottom