WILL IT LIVE??????-updated PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Oct 29, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

one of my eggs pipped and i still had chicks in the hatcher, didnt think anything of it. well went in there a few hours later to check it and the other chicks had most the shell of the hatching chick but the membrane was still around the chick. i could see its yolk wasnt fully absorbed so i wrapped it in a wet paper towl leaving its beak out for air, took the other chicks out and put it back in the hatcher. its been about an our and it seems to be doing fine. u think it will live?

this is what it was like when i found it around noon today. its 7:30 pm now and is still alive

[​IMG]

this is how i wrapped it. seems to be doing fine, chirps and moves sometimes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think you did the right thing. Just watch it carefully. Most likely it will be ok. I just had a chick hatch that hadn't absorbed all of its yolk sack and so far so good. I left it in the hatcher as the other chicks wanted to peck it.

3. stephanie1992

its chirping and moving around, but its still in the egg. it has alot of yolk that it still needs to absorb. no blood tho. im ganna keep checking on it and keep the paper towl wet. hopfully it will be ok

4. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Good Luck, hoping the little one makes it![​IMG]:fl:fl:fl
    Ayda

5. stephanie1992

hoping it does make it. its suppose to be a blue orp. only one out of 10 to make it to hatching. others wernt fertile or shipping did alot on them.

6. stephanie1992

thought id let everyone know the chicks still alive. sleeping right now. hopfully tomorrow the yolk will be absorbed

7. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    You're a great chicken mama!!! [​IMG]

8. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Quote:its gonna live! it happened to my chick and now hes the strongest in my flock (flock of 2 [​IMG])

9. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] = [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. stephanie1992

this morning i checked it, i made it out of the shell but the yolk was still out. and it must have died over night. poor guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by