Will Muscovies and Khaki Campbells be successful mating?

kysilkies

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
We have 3 muscovies(2 male, 1 female, we know, bad ratio, female is sitting on 10 eggs right now so there's hope for more females) and 1 khaki campbell...

Can we expect any of the eggs from the muscovy/khaki pairing to hatch?...

We're ok with that, just wanted to know if we should waste the bator space, thank you for the answer!!!!!!!!
bow.gif

As a kid on the farm, we ran muscovy drakes with pekin hens and purposely raised mules. They were in high demand by the restaurants. The resultant birds were fast growing like the pekins, less fat like the muscovies, and more flavorful than the pure bred parents.

Quote:
Sadly I did not take pics. I should have. I sold the babies. Letting the scovy mom sit was kind of accidental. I don't have room for any more large ducks and she was sitting so diligently. By the time I noticed she was sitting on a large clutch, I didn't have the heart to take them away. 5 hatched and they were beautiful babies. It was very difficult to let them go. I wanted so badly to see what they were going to look like matured and fully feathered. One baby in particular was the most beautful light tan color. Mom is gray and white and of course dad was khaki.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom