Will my bird lay again?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by D0DG3RR, Jun 26, 2019.

1. D0DG3RR

D0DG3RR In the Brooder

Aug 31, 2018
    I owned a trio of adult ducks for two years with no issues until earlier this year my male attempted to mate with one of my hens. Thankfully i found her in time, she had prolapse and was bleeding but we managed to help her out and now shes back to her happy healthy self with her sisters and I have sold my duck. However since the event my chicken hasnt laid a single egg but recently started brooding (still not laying) In all honestly i dont mind her lack of eggs, shes more of a pet to me to id rather her not strain herself and cause another injury however i just want to know if there is a chance this will be permanent. I dont want her laying again, i love her to bits and im worried shell hurt herself from the injury my duck caused :(

2. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Possibly he damaged her and Her ovary isn't producing yolks? You will have to wait her out..

3. kellyhubb

kellyhubb Chirping

Jun 8, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    You may want to think about giving her hormone implants, to make sure she doesn't lay anymore eggs, or even worse, and what could possibly be happening, is that she is laying them internally and they are slowly building up inside of her. Here is information about the hormone implant. Only select vets will give them though - http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/deslorelin

D0DG3RR likes this.
  4. D0DG3RR

D0DG3RR In the Brooder

Aug 31, 2018
    Thank you, how would i know if theyre building up? she seems fine to me :( i hope shell be okay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: