Will my birdie be dead in the morning!? ( ;_;)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Shanijoyous, Oct 27, 2016.

  1. Shanijoyous

    Shanijoyous New Egg

    6
    0
    7
    Mar 4, 2015
    My favorite chicken Sriracha ate a snake today, head and all. At first I was okay with it but now I'm afraid that she will be dead in the morning from the venom. Has any one's chickens eaten a snake and lived? We live near a pond so I suspect that the snake was a water moccasin. We've killed some in our yard before but we only let them eat the remains once we cut the head off. Sriracha gobbled this one up before I could even try to take it from her...She's like my dog, she's follows me around the garden eating creepy crawlies and begging for raisins...Somebody tell me that she'll be okay![​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. Teila

    Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

  3. Shanijoyous

    Shanijoyous New Egg

    6
    0
    7
    Mar 4, 2015
    Thank you, Teila! [​IMG]
     
  4. Teila

    Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

    Hey, no problemo :)

    I hope that she is OK and please let us know how she goes.
     
  5. Shanijoyous

    Shanijoyous New Egg

    6
    0
    7
    Mar 4, 2015
    You were right! I was afraid that I would find 4 chickens instead of 5 this morning, but Sriracha was reigning over her subjects the same as always! We can now add Snake eater to the list of her titles!
     
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. Teila

    Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

    That is great news Shanijoyous I am really pleased to hear that [​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by