Will my chickens come back home after a horrific attack on my flock??

hanaleimel

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 13, 2010
Well thankfully I live in Hawaii out in the jungles of Kauai where we have plenty of chickens and no predators really...except I was doggie sitting my uncles dog over the weekend and my house is up on stilts, I put her on the back Lani (porch) and she jumped off while I was at work and killed 4 of 8 of my chickens. Two I found had made it over the fence into another yard next door...both seperated and both scared to death. This all happened 2 days ago and I am still missing 2. I have called and called and searched and searched and haven't seen them. They haven't come back home to the coop not even at night...I fear the worst. The two I found are in total shock I put them in the yard today and they just hid in the bushes together. I put their food and water over there, they will get back to normal right?? Should I still be frantically looking still for the other two or do you think if they are alive they will see their home and wait for me to help them back over the fence to their little house?? Also we have decided to get 4 more now.. at what age can I introduce my chicks to the adults that is when I get them. Thanks for all your help. P.S. They are Rhode Island Reds if that makes any difference. Thanks so much for any advice. We loved them very much. My uncles dog will not be coming to visit anymore from now on, that was way to tramatic for me. I love love love animals and my dogs are wonderful with them

They have to come home, you're in Hawaii. They can walk in any direction & all they'll find is water. They can't leave.
lau.gif
Seriously, they should come back, they know the place is where they eat & sleep.

I know right!! You would think. it has been 2 nights and they haven't come back. Kinda weird but out back is a nice wooded area with horsies and cows and their poop and other chickens so we will see.

I have I looked and looked and called and called and they are no where to be found...oh well I still have 2 and I ordered more so we will start over I guess. Now I know.

Back
Top Bottom