Will my chickens forget me if I leave for a week?

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Hi, I am going to Florida for a week and I have four five week old chicks that are very bonded to me. if I leave them for a week will they forget who I am and not be bonded to me anymore? Thanks!

They may not “remember” you but if they are tamed you should be able to pick back up where you left. My tame birds follow me around the same when I return from vacation.

:welcome :frow For 21 years my DH and I went to the NE US for the summers, mostly to Mass, NH and Maine. A friend I could trust stayed in an apartment we have on the property. He took care of the birds. I had an account set up with a feed store and made arrangements so he could get the feed for the birds and I would square away with the feed store owner when we got back. I don't know about the birds forgetting or remembering me but they always readjusted. I would sit out with them and they would come up to me and I would give them their little pat. A couple would sit on my lap. Back then I didn't have as many birds as I do now. My friend passed away from a heart attack 11 years ago, so I haven't gone north since my friend passed. We are older (70's and 80's) and I don't want to do the drive anymore and my DH has Parkinson's. Where in Florida are you going to? I live near Ocala. If you're anywhere near our area we are having a biweekly monthly farm swap on Saturday. I'm the only one there with a TSC hat on. Good luck and have fun...
TSCCovid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom