Will my chicks always be scared?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mamato8chicks, Mar 20, 2017.

1. mamato8chicks

mamato8chicks Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    Hey there!!
    We have had our chicks for 4 weeks Thursday. They are still SOOOOO scared of EVERYTHING! They SCREAM when we try to have interaction, pick them up to change brooder bedding, just general social interaction. We are still actively trying just curious if they will ever grow out of it??

Also, can you tell me what they are? I know the two small with feathered feet are bantams (one rooster and one hen), the rest were mixed pullets, so we know they are all hens just not sure what breed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. king tail

king tail Show Jumping Dreamer Premium Member

Oct 6, 2014
    at a horse show
    i am not sure if they will grow out of it. but is looks like you have some Golden Sex-Links and Barred Rocks or Dominiquers. i am not sure, but i think so.

3. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    x2

4. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Also talk to them when you approach them so they know its you. They will get to know your voice. Good luck

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowherb

yellowherb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2015
    Florida
    The 2 with feather feed look like self blue bantam cochins to me. (beautiful!)

The cochins should for sure get friendlier as they get older. cochins are known as one of the pet breeds. My experience is with sultans so far and standard cochins but around 2-3 months old I see a complete turn around in how they act around me. The roosters tend to get friendlier younger before regressing at maturity while the hens are stand offish until mature and then get less flightly and more friendly.

1 person likes this.
  6. mamato8chicks

mamato8chicks Just Hatched

Mar 20, 2017
    Thank you to everyone. We are so relieved! We were so worried we messed up. We recently gave them a mirror, a make shift perch, and some grass with leaves and weeds. They were showing signs of brooder boredom. Haha. So far they love it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by