WILL MY CHINESE SILKIE SIT ON MY QUAILS EGGS?

chickenquail

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 21, 2012
Australia
HEY GUYS
This might sound stupid but i was thinking of trying to incubate my button quail eggs under my chinese silkie hen
Will this work?
I will take the chick away immediatly after its hatched so they dont get attached but it came into my mind when one of my button quail hens weren't sitting on her eggs.

Thanks for your time and i know its sounds weird
FROM THE QUAIL FARM
AND MY CHICKENS
D.gif
jumpy.gif

HEY GUYS
This might sound stupid but i was thinking of trying to incubate my button quail eggs under my chinese silkie hen
Will this work?
I will take the chick away immediatly after its hatched so they dont get attached but it came into my mind when one of my button quail hens weren't sitting on her eggs.

Thanks for your time and i know its sounds weird
FROM THE QUAIL FARM
AND MY CHICKENS
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Big chicken...even though a silkie is small...but huge compared to itty bitty quail eggs...think its a recipe for disaster, IMO
Good Luck

WILL A SILKIE SIT ON QUAIL EGGS?... SURE SILKIES WILL SIT ON A ROCK PILE IF YOU TELL THEM THEY WILL HATCH.... THEY'RE BROODING MACHINES

WILL THE QUAIL EGGS SURVIVE BEING SAT BY A SILKIE... THATS WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES. SIZE WISE MAJORITY OF THE EGGS WILL CRACK WITH EVEN THE TEENY TINIEST CHICKEN HEN SITTING THEM. MORE OVER ITS THE CHICKEN CLAP TYPE OF LETHAL DISEASES THE SERROGATE MOMMA CAN GIVE THE QUAIL BABIES, AND THE DISPARITY OF THE 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF BIRDS IN GENERAL... QUAIL ONCE HATCHED WILL PAY NO MORE ATTENTION TO THE CHICKEN MOMMA THAN THE MAN IN THE MOON. THEY NEED DIFFERENT DIETS, AND DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENTS. BEST TO LET MOMMA SILKIE HAVE SOME OTHER TYPE OF EGGS AND FIRE UP THE BATOR FOR YOUR QUAIL... YOUR RESULTS WILL BE MORE TO YOUR LIKING

Ok thanks guys great help ill see if i can put the eggs under my other quail hen
thanks for the advice i thought it might no work but i thought it could work too so yeah thanks!!!!!!!

My uncle raises those tiny Serama chickens and he just successfully hatched out 14 chicks from 17 Coturnix eggs I gave him under a broody Serama, but that being said the Serama's are tiny even compared to silkies, the funny thing is for the first week or so the Serama rooster would kick the hen out of the nest and sit on the eggs for hours on end lol, guess he didnt think she was keeping them warm enough or something lol

Believe it or not guys but ive used doves to succesfully hatch out baby quail diamond doves pigeons and even small banty eggs they are amazing mothers!!!!

ITS ALL GOOD GUYS THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS
SO I TRIED WITH MY OTHER QUAIL GIRL AND SUCCESSFULLY HATCHED 4 LITTLE BUTTON QUAILS THE REST OF THEM DIDNT HATCH

Back
Top Bottom