Will my eggs be o.k??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jwatts, Mar 22, 2012.

1. jwatts

jwatts Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    This is the 2nd day for our eggs in the hovabatr still air. I noticed the temp today was at 104, i did adjust it down but im wondering if my eggs will be o.k?

2. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    Well as long as it was just for a couple of hours or a day they will be fine.Many people have ups and downs with the temperature but for a short period there is no problem.

What you can do now is wait 5 more days and candle to see what is going on.Hope everything goes right!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. jwatts

jwatts Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    ok,Thank you. i dont know what the heck is going on. I had the incu pluged in for 3 days prior to putting eggs in. It was at 100 deg. now it seems to be creeping up, Possibly the eggs getting warmer and making more heat?

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    jwatts, there are a lot of experienced hatchers right now on the Easter hatch thread (see my signature line below) - you are a few days behind up but welcome to follow along and ask questions.

5. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    I think you will be fine. I had my incubator go up to 109 degrees on about day 2. Now it is day 23 (they are duck eggs) and they are developing good. I've even got a twin egg and both are alive :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by