Will my frizzle banty cochin rooster mate

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sandy sea, Oct 26, 2008.

1. sandy sea

sandy sea Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Gavilan Hills, CA
    I have two young male frizzle banty cochins ( only one is crowing, but I think they are both males ). Will they mate with my standard size chickens? If so at what age ? If they can what would their chicks be, banties or standards and would they have a chance to be frizzle? Not sure if I should keep the banty male cochins. Was not planning on having any roosters. New to this Rooster stuff.

2. sandy sea

Mar 19, 2008
    Gavilan Hills, CA
    Help. Someone must know. Will the banty cochins roosters mate with my standard hens?

3. Shelanie

Shelanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2008
    Southern California
    Hey neighbor! I was wondering the same thing... anyone?

4. sandy sea

Mar 19, 2008
    Gavilan Hills, CA
    Usually I get an answer fairly fast. Was this a really dumb question? I would really like to know about these banty cochins roosters.

5. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Here's a bump because I would like to know as well!

6. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    well I don't know all the answers but I know mine are trying to mate with everything banty , standard the ducks whatever he can catch he got quite the beating from one of my standard hens this morning

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Probably not...I have 2 bantam cochin roos and they basically "catch a ride" on the SF girls back. The girls are more than twice their size...just logistically impossible.

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I would say more improbable that impossible. [​IMG]

9. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    my oeg bantam always does his best to mate with the standard hens, but i never know if it "works" if they're the only roos you have wait for them to start fertilizing, or attempting to fertilize the eggs and crack one open and look for a "spot". the chicks would be a medium size. and, i think half should be frizzled. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by