Will my girls start loving me again?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by flakey chick, Aug 18, 2008.

1. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    I just got rid of my boys. The chicks are 8weeks old: 4 boys and 2 girls. The boys had become a real pain in the butt and were harrasing one of the girls in particular. I gave them to a guy who wants them to run around his farm and eat grasshoppers. I figure that's a pretty sweet fate for roos.

Anyway the girls seem to be taking it harder than the boys. As we were leaving, the boys had settled down to making quiet noises in their box, but the girls were calling out to them frantically. Later around their bed-time, the girls got out and were calling/searching for their flock mates.

I am so sad. The girls were the ones who would jump up on my hands without hesitation. The wanted to cuddle with me. Now, not so much. Will I ever regain that with them?

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I would say give it some time and spend alot of time doing the hands on thing with them . I'm pretty sure they should snap out of it

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I agree with Chickenaddict.

4. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    I kind of "know" that, but I needed some reassurance. Thankyou. I can't imagine how bad I would feel if I had sent the boys off to the stew pot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by