Will My Mallard Come Home?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ColleenRyan, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ColleenRyan

ColleenRyan Songster

Apr 9, 2018
    i posted earlier about how I thought something happened with my male
    Mallard. After searching my backyard even more I see no sign of struggle or harm, just an open hutch door and a few missing eggs (I’m assuming my dogs wouldn’t have found / been interested in all of a sudden eating those eggs). I’ve never seen my mallard fly except for in the permiter of my yard and about 5ft max. I’m worried he couldn’t get too far and tonight is the first night he’s been missing. Does anyone know if domestic mallards can adjust to the world and find their way home? Is there anything I can do to help him find Home? My two other ducks are so sad they were all best friends :(

2. chonsey

chonsey Crowing

Oct 17, 2015
    État du grand lac
    Need to set a livetrap before you lose the other two. Set the game camera up tonight to see what animal is getting your eggs & possibly got your duckling.

CayugaJana and blayt90 like this.
  3. Emmaxx

Emmaxx Songster

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    Could someone have sneaked into your yard and pinched him? some misguided teenagers perhaps?

4. chonsey

chonsey Crowing

Oct 17, 2015
    État du grand lac
    I had two of mine disappear the night before the duckling race at the Mill Pond. They messed up and closed the brooder up, an animal wouldn't do that.

Miss Lydia and Emmaxx like this.
  5. Emmaxx

Emmaxx Songster

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    Did he return?

ETA: Just seen you have an update thread, will read that!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: