will my pigeons bring in wild pigeons??

Or those that took off when someones son left a door open!
somad.gif
Looking for a few birds
fl.gif

Funny story here, my Xwife got mad at me for spending to much time with the birds. So she turn them loose..... Funny thing they were ALL racing homers.
lau.gif

She is gone still have racing homers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine called in a lone mourning dove male it was pretty funny, he danced around on the ground below their pens cooing up a storm, then my cornish's spooked him to a tree
tongue.png

My male pigeon has been couting one of the chicks, doing the dance... it is soo weird.

They don't fly much.. so I switched feed. Maybe that will help.

What you should be doing is just letting the birds out once a day for an extended fly and then call them in for food. I used to do this when I had racers in the evenings, just before their supper.

You can get Danzig Highflyers and they will pull your flock up so high you won't be able to even see them. Then you can either do a call and/or throw a white fantail on the roof as the signal to come in and they will all descend at once.

This will keep the wild ones out as they don't want to fly so high. You can get disease problems introduced from any birds that have come in from the outside, even errant racing birds, so you should either get rid of them immediately or quarantine them.

Back
Top Bottom