1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

will my turner fit?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by okiemamachick, Mar 12, 2015.

1. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    hi all I went against the advise on here and against my better judgment and bought a LG from tractor supply (still air) and the turner to go with it. Well needless to say its been somewhatly difficult to regulate everythimg on it. I am picking up a hova bator 1583 model this Saturday I was told its brand new and everything, Im paying $75 for it. My question is will my LG turner fit inside it? I know its not a super awesome great high quality incubator but at least its not a still air....

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
  3. Bradfordj

Bradfordj Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    I have tried a few incubators, so far hova bator is my favorite. Gets to temperature within an hour, easy to keep temps regulated, easy to keep humidity. Styrafoam construction helps insulate. Very simple product! Fan also helps keep consistant temps throughout the bator. As for your turner i think they are all fairly standard sizes.

4. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Thanks guys! I'm hoping I have better luck with this one! On day 20 with this LG I'm a nervous wreck :(

5. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG]

6. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    ^^^ exactly! No wriggling eggs or anything eek!

7. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I have only seen a couple of my eggs wiggle prior to pipping....lol And I am glued to that bator especially once I go into lockdown...lol

8. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Well that makes me feel better lol it will be a miracle if any hatch....I put 13 in and they've all made it to lock down it was supposed to be a trial run they are just our barnyard mix from our flock but now that I've been caring for them this long I feel attached! I know this is literally where the old saying " don't count your chickens before they hatch" comes from lol I want at least one to make it!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  9. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    My first hatach was a failure due to a faulty thermometer. ( I learned real fast not to depend on one unchecked thermometer even brand new. After the "hatch" before the second it was checked against three others and found to be 6 degrees off!) Anyhow, I ended up with one....but that one was enough to get me addicted....lol All of mine so far are mixes. I am setting a dozen spitzhaubens and more mixes this weekend, but I enjoy the mixes, there are so much variety and you truely never know what you are getting.... (I'll refrain from the Forrest Gump comment that runs through my head when I talk about barnyard mixes...lol)

10. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Barnyard mixes are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get! Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by