Will my young button be ok after losing its friend?

MotherMal13

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Waterport, NY
I had two buttons that i got a couple weeks ago and assumed they were just a couple days old when i got them. I found out one was a blue face and one was a silver. They had been living in a cardbord box with the sides down until a couple days ago. I had to put the sides of the box up because the blue face had started to get out of the box. The box was on the counter. This was working fine until today. I got up this morning went to feed and water them and i only saw one in their box, but assumed the other one was just hiding in some of the leaved or the boxes in their cage. But i guess this isent true when my mom got home she found the blue face dead laying on the ground.
sad.png
We have a dog and a cat but they have never wanted to hurt any of the chicks chickens bird or quail. So im thinking that it could have died from jumping out of its cage to the ground. I know this is probablly my fault for not putting something over the top of the cage.
hit.gif
I feel terrible. I do have a lid on it now with my silver button in the cage, alone.
sad.png
It hasent been crying or anything but should i go back and get it a friend? Thanks.

I've never had good luck with singleton button chicks, they seem to just wither away. For future reference, buttons can fly pretty good starting at 1 week old, for safety's sake always have them in a covered brooder.

Back
Top Bottom