Will power...is it a good thing?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tjweaver84, Aug 10, 2010.

1. tjweaver84

tjweaver84 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Winterville, NC
    So I had to go to TSC today for some things and I had my 3 year old daughter with me. Much to my surprise they had day old chicks they just got in. Well my daughter saw them and yelled "Chickens!!!!" I had to tell her no to keep the DW from making me sleep in the coop tonight as she thinks the 3 chickens we have are too many and would be quite angry. Somehow I managed to overcome the will to get a few and walked out just with what I went to get. I never realized how addicting this was since our TSC never has chickens when I go there so I never before had to try to overcome the power of a ton of chicks. I would not be surprised if I stopped by after work tomorrow to grab a few even though I know better.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Wow, I'm impressed. Very impressed. You should pat yourself on the shoulder. And with the power of the child also wanting chicks, too!!! Whoo boy! You did good!

3. chickie<3

chickie<3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Just Go For It...3 Chickens 5 Chickens ..same Thing.. Just Tell Ur Dw ...the More Chickens... The More Love

4. BuzzinBee

BuzzinBee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] It is hard to resist... LOL oh mannnn, have I EVER been there. Especially when the chicks are a breed you have never had before. Yeah I say, go for it... use your daughter as an excuse. "B-b-b-b-but honey.... she just wouldn't take 'no' for an answer" [​IMG]

5. BackToMyRoots

BackToMyRoots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Matthews, NC
    Good for you, especially if a spouse is still warming up to the idea of having chickens at all. This sounds like the kind of thing that could've ended up in an "I give you an inch and you take a mile" argument. Feel free to tell the tale and angle shamelessly for praise and spouse points, though. [​IMG] I also find that wheedling and baked goods can effect radical changes in someone's feelings about new pets!

6. tjweaver84

tjweaver84 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Winterville, NC
    She didn't give me the inch I have now. That one went "no you can't get chickens." The next week she walked in the door and I just said guess what Sophia likes baby chickens!! Though I think she is starting to take a liking to them as they are starting to act like dogs. When they free range if we open the back door we are greeted by 3 chickens and a dog rushing the door and they all follow us around the yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by