Will Shadow ever lay

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by suzeqf, Dec 15, 2011.

1. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I have a 8 month old Amerucana who hasn't laid her first egg yet she is getting her fair share of love from the boys and has even sang the egg song a time or two. She had a severe head inury back in the summer she was basically scalped when one of the boys chased her under the generator and she caught her head on a bolt that was hanging down and I'm happy to report that she made it thru and you can't even tell she was ever hurt. My question is do you think she's not laying yet because of her injury or that she just hasn't found the right spot yet or is just not mature enough yet. She's got me baffled.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

A watched pot never boils....... Patience, when the Good Lord say she is ready, she will lay....

3. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    if she a free ranger, could it be possible she is laying but you havent seen the nest?

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    beach livin' :

if she a free ranger, could it be possible she is laying but you havent seen the nest?

I am thinking the same thing.​

5. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    She's a major home body she doesn't leave the coop much she's prob just not ready yet it took her several months to get over her injury so it's prob set her back a bit too. I was just worried about her and if she never lays that's fine with me too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by