Will she get along with another duck

Willberta loveee

Chirping
May 18, 2018
I introduced willberta to a stuffed animal so she can cuddle with when she goes into her house for night time.. she didn’t like it I was holding it and she was hissing at it and flared her feathers if that makes sense she didn’t want nothing to do with it she was even scared to waddle to me while holding it or so it seemed like.. now I’m wondering if I introduce her to some baby duckling if she’ll react the same way since she’s use to being the only ( spoiled) one :eek:

I introduced willberta to a stuffed animal so she can cuddle with when she goes into her house for night time.. she didn’t like it I was holding it and she was hissing at it and flared her feathers if that makes sense she didn’t want nothing to do with it she was even scared to waddle to me while holding it or so it seemed like.. now I’m wondering if I introduce her to some baby duckling if she’ll react the same way since she’s use to being the only ( spoiled) one :eek:
Probably because she is older and it is a new thing. When you get ducklings, you would introduce them in a look no touch type of set up so that they could get used to each other.

I think you should give her a mirror to start off with and then maybe put the stuffed animal somewhere she can see it but not so close she can touch it. After a few days you could try moving it in with her. I recommended doing the same thing when you get another duck, which you really should, they might not love each other at first, but she’ll be much happier with a friend.

Back
Top Bottom