Will she lay a double yoker everyday???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MuskokaChick, May 16, 2011.

1. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    I am pretty sure it's the same hen...

She laid a double yoker 2 days in a row, 3rd day large size, 4th day double yoker again, today large size...once they lay double yokers do they have a tendency to continue???

[​IMG]

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Did she just start laying? I had a girl who layed a double yoker 3-4 times a week for a month til she got settled into her egg laying routine.

3. MuskokaChick

MuskokaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Muskoka Region Ontario
    She will be 20 weeks old this Sat...she started laying at 16.5weeks...so yes, she has only been laying 3 weeks now...but I have 11 hens...so I am 100% who it is...one just started laying last week...so maybe it's her? *shrug* Doesn't matter really, just curious if I was going to always get this...

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    When my GSL's Poppy and Gamma were 20 weeks old, they laid double yolkers a lot. But now they lay mostly single yolkers. She'll probably start laying small eggs again.

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

She'll settle down soon. However, you might watch to see if she is a chow hound! Some of these young ones over eat and it puts their egg production system into hyper-drive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by