Will she? OR Won't she?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by picnic, Feb 26, 2017.

1. picnic

picnic New Egg

Oct 31, 2016
    [​IMG]

Hi all, just after a tiny bit of advice we have a nearly 6 month old lavender Pekin hen called picnic.

We had her since she was 1 day old along with her sisters so we are certain of her age and background.

Unfortunately we cannot compaire to her sisters as we lost them to a predictor, picnic was the only survivor. We have since taken procautions and bought Fort Knox so it would never happen again.

Picnic now has a new friend who we have been told is a similar age, she is laying and looks completely mature in all features.

Picnic was always a slow developer, and even now she hasn't a sight of red to her facial features.. she is rather small and petit but full of feathers.

She is feed the absolute best, healthy, completely spoilt and daddy's little girl can't do any wrong in my partners eyes.

I was just wondering is she likely to lay? Or is there such a thing as a chicken that doesn't lay? Obviously it doesn't matter to us, we still adore her either way. She's Unique..!!!

Does anyone else have any experience with a similar hen?

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    She'll lay eventually. They all do but it can take up to 8 months or spring weather to kick them in.

3. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    She probably will,like you said she slow to develop which means she is slow to mature.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by