Will silkies use ramps?

NewchickieLTJ

Chirping
May 12, 2019
I have two, one year old silkie hens that have never used a ramp before...just a teeny tiny one that goes into a ground level coop. They seem to like being down low, and even lay their eggs on the floor of the coop instead of in the nesting boxes. I need to upgrade to a larger coop, and all I can find for purchase are coops with decent-sized ramps. Will they learn how to do it? If not, I can build my own ground level coop. They don’t have the huge crops, and can see just fine.

hey there mine live in a easy secure coop with 2 rooms but them crazy chicken old lady I have three coops main with big birds then silky raise my big birds or any that need to be big enough the cats cannot eat them

I have two, one year old silkie hens that have never used a ramp before...just a teeny tiny one that goes into a ground level coop. They seem to like being down low, and even lay their eggs on the floor of the coop instead of in the nesting boxes. I need to upgrade to a larger coop, and all I can find for purchase are coops with decent-sized ramps. Will they learn how to do it? If not, I can build my own ground level coop. They don’t have the huge crops, and can see just fine.
Mine jump from the ground to the top of the ramp to enter the coop. It’s about 2 feet off the ground. They use the ramp to go down though.

Back
Top Bottom